Friday, December 24, 2010

Things to Pray For--#3

Patience: the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast. Or which you can wait for things. Antonyms include hastiness and impetuousness.

I hate waiting.
No, really.
I'm quick to curse someone out in my head, and tap my foot impatiently with folks on the road, folks waiting on me in a store or restaurant, or folks just in general taking too long to do something. I also have issa with waiting for the blessings I'm getting....I know. I have the AUDACITY to rush the Big Man Upstairs? Its bad.

So, today, as I'm trying to wait for Christmas Eve to become Christmas, I'm going to asked the Almighty to grant me a bit mo' patience. I know its a virtue that I'm VERY short on. So in the new year, and beyond, I need to get right with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods