Sunday, May 03, 2009

Prunin' My Universe

So, anyone that knows me, knows I have a philosphy on friendship. I'm the sun, and the planets in there different orbits are the level of friendship upon which you operate.




You a Mercury/Venus/Earth orbit friend, we are very close and I confide in you regularly. You a Jupiter/Saturn friend, we may hang out, but you don't get the dirt, and so on and so forth.
Well, as of late, I'm noticing that there are a lot of friends around Neptune and Pluto...or folks that should be in a whole 'nother galaxy altogether! I'm not sure how this happened, but I've realized there are a lot of folks that might not even piss on me if I were on fire, and they are takin' up spots in my solar sytem.
Part of this is my fault, 'cause damn my sweet heart, I like to believe if you show folks love, and be the kind of person that other people want to care about, they will.

NOT TRUE. Especially not in Philly.

The men and women in the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection will MILK YOU DRY and KEEP GOING. Some of the people I've met are like locusts. And I've been like a big uncovered crop of corn before the harvest.

So, part of this pruning is me learning not to care so much about folks until they do something or show me some reason to care. I've also got to learn that I can't be concerned with everyone that crosses my path...I think I get lonely up here, and I want to give folks more than what they deserve. That makes me a mark. A sucker. And I can't go out like that.
So we 'bout to take this thang herr down a notch. No more calling folks I ain't talked to to check on them. No more "I was just wondering what you have been up to" texts. If we ain't talked in forever, you are going outward. If we wouldn't talk if I didn't initiate it, you can head to the Andromeda galaxy homie. Kick intergalactic rocks, I can't be bothered! Good riddance.

Love, Peace and Soul,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods